MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:25 pm

Post subject: Is vales slow ?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 9:36 am 
Glow Ball

I wonder'd what you guys find. For me, kc's only works about 10 mins a day, and for that time it's really slow. ok ok, maybe that's a bit exaggerating, but man oh man, it's almost impossible to do anything on three...for me.

And is hacman's site gone now too? I saw his message on the new/old/now defunk'd bbs but haven't heard anything since then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 9:58 am 
easy company

late yesterday and most of today I couldn't log in at KC's, but I can now... as far as speed its much faster in my old netscape than it is in IE because none of the sig images work rofl, ns doesn't even try to load em it just ignores them Image the ns downside is I cannot dl or ul any tr?cks I need to log in with IE and thats when I notice its bogged down loading other crapola that ol ns 4.7 cannot even recognize.. (shhh don't tell KC)

I still have all the NS 4.7 files you sent me a while back Phin, if you'd like I can upload them tonite, or anyone else for that matter, just let me know... its big so I'll do it just before I leave then post a link tomorow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 11:23 am 
Glow Ball

>>I still have all the NS 4.7 files

uh, um, oh yea, right. um, nah, I think I still have those, sure, I do, files, I know what yer talkin about, honest, I do. lol, seriously, nothing works with xp, even the stuff designed for it. One day, you can count on it, I'm getting rid of this xp stuff. I've had my fill with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 11:53 am 

I haven't had any such problems with access, although because of the time difference I'm probably hitting it when everyone else is asleep Image

Speed and access times seem as fast as I normally get through my dial-up, and loading the pages is about as fast as it normally manages at 133MHz. The only really laggy pic is the enormous background image.

Mind you, I usually browse with two or three IE windows open - while one's loading a page I'll switch and browse/read/type with the other - so I don't pay much attention to load times... the biggest inconvience is the time it takes to perform page swaps from HD virtual memory to RAM and vice versa...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 5:56 pm 
hard times Image

i've managed to get a limited amount of space at clanpages which is just enough space to get by for now

i have been rewriting alot of mtmr and removing certain things like the image uploader to conserve space for as long as possible, also rewriting much of the code so that mtmr will work without 'server components' which were widely used before.

right now im about to go through some hefty exams so i wont be able to work much at all

as for the bbs, i have ben trying to fix up some problems with my scripting and cannot get it working right with clanpages as of yet

not sure whats going to happen to the BBS yet, but where theres a will theres a way, mtmr will be back up within a month, hopefully mtmr will be back before that though

time will tell, might have to return to a cgi wwwboard again..ack

but for now these exams are more important than any other site, so im on halt for a week or 2.

i'll let yous know of more news as it happens

vales was moved to a new server, so all should be cool at vales now, woohoo!

cyas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 5:32 pm 
Glow Ball

Update.

http://hangin.at/mtmbbs

I understand that kc's has by and large become a center for general mtm chat (something this place has never intended to do) but there are days, such as this, when an alternate is helpful. Hac and I've put together yet another new main mtm (banner free) bbs. I've deleted many things (across the site) to make room for it here, and tho it is here, it's still hac's service. Please help him make a good job of it.

------------------
- Phineus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 3:46 am 

i cant seem to get to KC's either AT ALL. its really beinga pain in the butt for me.
we (my wife and i) have partition magic in so we have 2 OS's in here. her's (98se) hasnt been able to get to KC's for about 2 weeks now. have no clue y. and now i cant get there either, on XP.

is his server down or is it me???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 10:55 am 

This may help explain it.
http://vales.com/mtm2/Allread1.asp?xID=0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 7:05 am 
Glow Ball

Welp, it's that time agin. I don't know about you, but for me vales is molases all over again. I'm even timing out on icon buttons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 7:48 am 
easy company

seems normal to me at the moment but friday it was really really bad, I just figured it was due to heavy traffic, dunno?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 8:18 am 

Going good here.

------------------
The humans think it is a poison of the blood that makes us what we are.
Fools, the blood only feeds the bodies we live in. To create a vampire,
one must steal a soul from the abyss to reanimate the corpse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 1:57 pm 
Glow Ball

Now I'm getting:

Quote:
Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

Oh well. Forces me to do other things I should've been doing anyway.