MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 1:28 pm

Post subject: Need help: MFR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:15 pm 
I need some help with my game, its only in the alpha stage but check it out at http://mfr.tikistudio.com there are some screen shots of the game and utilities, if anyone wants to help email me or reply to this post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:50 am 
Glow Ball

It's coming along. By the way, the pics don't show for me because the slash goes this \ way instead of this / way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:46 pm 

This is an interesting project, I would not mind being a tester for it. I won't suggest that I know programming to a degree to help in that regaurd, but I know some visual basic so I might pipe up if there is something I think I could help with.

But I am wondering the goal of this project? Maybe I missed a post explaining the details. Just send me there if thats the case.

I see your making it backwards compatable with mtm1 and 2 and thats great. Do you have plans for multi-player? Additional features and enhanced graphics for tracks that are in your format?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:56 am 

it's basically mtm3; multi player is planned
but all the problems that mtm2 are going to be fixed; like the factt hat mtm2 doesnt coordinate model locations on remote computers in a multi player race.

stuff like that. should all be backward compatible too.

thing that's gonna need the most effort is the physics
because the physics cant be reverse engineered too easily so there will be a lot of trial and error. I'm trying to get jpez to set it up so others can modify the physics; when that is possible he can give it to people like you and you can tinker witht he physics until it's close to the old mtm2 physics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:23 am 
Trackologist

Quote:
"... tinker with the physics until it's close to the old mtm2 physics."

I know some are all for changing the physics of the game for one reason or another. I've said this before, but aside from graphic limitations and assorted bugs, I love this game just the way it is. Having said that, I'm aware that drag racers would probably like to see the physics of the game changed to simulate real monster trucks, which makes sense. If it's possible to have a choice of game modes that cater to both draggers and those of us who prefer the current game physics, that would be ideal.