MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 5:25 pm

Post subject: Bad Things Man...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:55 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

I swear, if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any.

Saturday evening, I went riding 4 wheelers with a buddy of mine, one was his brand new 2004 Kawasaki KTX700, which I was riding. He was on some pile Honda. We were down at the river blasting around.

We were on our way back to leave, and I decided to take one last pass around this sand track that is made down there, I left the trail and blasted down this path. Before I could react, I was airborn.

There in the middle of the sand was a sunken down pit, the size of 2 full sized pickups, parked door handle to door handle. In the pit were 6 huge logs, and a burn pit where people go down to sit on the logs, light a fire, and drink beer.

Well, it was directly in front of me, and before I saw it, I was over it. I knew this wasn't going to be good. I hit the throttle wide open, in a hope to clear whatever was coming. It didn't work. The rear tires hit one log, which made the nose, dive. Then it leaned right. It planted the right front tire in the sand, and went over and rolled to the right. I was still half way on it still, and I landed with my right side waist, landing directly on one log on the far side of the pit, and then the 4 wheeler came down and landed on top of me.

I didn't, and couldn't move, or speak. After about 20 min, I finally managed to get to my feet, and I just fell. I later found out that I fractured my pelvis... again. Last time was in the near death accident I had a few years ago, that trhe pics were on my site. Now I had reinjured it.

I was going probably 40 mph or faster, I imagine. But, now I can hardly breathe without a terrible amount of pain. I'm eating Ibuprophen like their Skittles, just to get through the day.

So anyway, if anyone needs anything, I'm out of commision, for everything for awhile. I painfully, finished my buddy's truck and released it, even that hurt to do.

But here's the real kick in Jimmy... my buddy that owns the 4 wheeler, ran up, and pulled the bike off of me, and as I lay there wondering if I was alive or not, starts to walk around his bike, ranting and raving about "this is why I hate letting people ride my stuff, they always wreck it..." mumbling and cussing under his breath, complaining that I layed the handlebars down, which can, and was easily fixed, and paid no attention to me lying there, for at least 5 minutes.

When I get better, he and I are going to have a chat, behind the woodshed. But I'll be ok, this isn't a sympathy post. I just wanted to let people know, if you want me to be any use to anyone, I can't. I hope everyone elses weekend went much better than mine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:06 am 
Glow Ball

Ouch! Sorry to hear. I hope you're all right, all things considered. As far as anything else goes, forget it. Take care of yourself first. Everything will still be here when you're more able.

And get some stronger pain killers. Advils aren't enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:22 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

That's the very worst part, I don't have insurance, so I'm stuck with Wal Mart cheepos.

I remember when I was in my car wreck, the doc gave me some great stuff... wish I had some now. I know this baby is fractured again, but not as bad as the last time. I can walk, but I walk like one of those old guys in a nursing home, with his walker, jonzing for pudding.

I live in a 2 story house, upstairs... of course. 14 steps, boy is that fun to tackle. Last time this happened I had to learn to walk again, so I hope this one will heal correctly. I'm no professional, but this feels like the last time did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:31 am 
Glow Ball

If you can walk, then take all the good signs you can get. Learning to walk over again is no fun.... and you never get back to the way you were before, so walking is good. Just don't do any of it very much or you'll never heal. For what it's worth, I've had to make several lifestyle changes because of stuff like this. Now I move slow and easy. It isn't always the greatest, but I figure it's better than the alternative.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:37 am 

[uhoh] Sorry to hear bro. I really hope you come out of this ok. Take care of yourself man. I hope you get better soon man. Take 1 day at a time.

Get better soon bud. [;)]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:58 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

It's getting to the point anymore that I'm about ready to sell anything I own that has wheels on it...

11 yrs old, on my bicycle, I was running as fast as I can go, being chased by a dog, I ran into the back of a pickup with its tailgate down.
14 yrs old, I was shot in the leg with a .22, by my brother.
16 yrs old, I was impaled in my arm by a tree branch, dirt bike accident.
21 thru 27 yrs old, I rolled my truck 3 times.
28 yrs old, I was nearly killed in a car wreck, broke almost every bone in my body.
Now this...

Plus many other much more guresome things that have happened to me since childhood, just from my own stupidity, involving me, against 3 guys, baseball bat, my head, nuff said.

I think god put me here to be his personal crash test idiot. But as far as I'm concerned, I almost feel like Evel Knievel. Talk about being 10 ft tall and bulletproof, I always seem to come out of everything. But I'm 33 now, and stuff all over hurts, and I'm sure its only going to get worse as I get older. Most of this stuff was all un-intentional, but man enough is enough.

Thanks for the best wishes, I feel a little better this morning, it only took me 10 min to get downstairs today. ':P'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:00 am 

Geez RF, take it easy man. You're not a teenager anymore. [;)] By now you should know you aren't 10 feet tall & bulletproof. :P Did you even go to the E.R.?

Take care of yourself man, and get well soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:41 am 
The Dog House

Kevin, man I wish I was there, I'd kick the *feathers* out of your friend man. Money isnt an issue at a time like that. I'm Sorry man. Hope you get going 100% as soon as possible. Drank a few brew's when it gets to hurting ya real bad if nothing else. I know its not the same as some good pain killers. Or a lil JD Black. LoL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:39 pm 

Jeez, RF, get well soon, man! I'm sure you'll have a nice safe Volvo as your ultimate reward for this punishment! [:P]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:13 pm 
easy company

I don't know about nebraska but here in cali there are places to go and get free or nearly free medical treatment... you should at least get some x-rays done and perhaps some pain killers.

Get well soon man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:31 pm 

Hope you heal fast bro.....Nothing hurts worse than pain.... :?

As far as "jimmy" goes, sometimes we learn who our truly good friends are the hard way.....He sounds very selfish-minded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:42 pm 

You should go get Xrays or something man. I have done crazy stuff, luckly I havent broken a thing (Exept for 4 bikes and one car).

I hope you get well soon man,.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:49 pm 
You Gonna Eat That?

Mal, we have those programs here too, but I already owe the hospital money, so I didn't wanna risk it. I know by law they can't turn me away, but today I feel alot better. It must not have been as bad as I suspected, my waist is fine. It all still moves, just some swelling and some major bruises on the skin.

I look like it was "Bat Day" at Yankee stadium and I was the ball.

BD, I agree. This happened on Saturday, and I still haven't heard from him. It would be nice if he would at least call and ask how I'm doing. But he's probably still looking over his bike, with a can of touch up paint.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:47 am 
Gone Walkabout

Gee Kev, will you look after yourself!

Remember as we get older......
yeah yeah i know you've heard it all before no doubt, so go easier ok. Look after yourself, take it easy and rest up.

Btw nice friend you have there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:46 am 

Yeah, you know that thing they say about "Leave a good-looking corpse"? Yours wouldn't be good looking, so ease up already.

I hope I didn't overstep the mark with that one [(-:]

In all seriousness, I'm glad to hear it if you think you're going to be fine. It didn't sound like a pleasant experience by any stretch of the imagination.

(For a long time I was looking for pictures of Buster, the long-suffering crash dummy from the Mythbusters TV series, to punctuate this message but maybe their JATO rocket car would be more soothing...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:16 pm 
Trackologist

Hey now, stop being so selfish and think about others for once. I mean come on, if something happens to you, who else would make our trucks? LOLOL

Dang RF - take it easy man. I'm going to have to turn you on to some different hobbies. I know Jump likes to knit, and Shoe relaxes by going to the woods to hug trees. You might look into one or both of those as a change of pace lol.

Hope you feel better soon, bud . . . real soon. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:41 am 

Trees....bad idea, you must not have read his experience with Mr. Branch above^.

In all seriousness, take it easy man...wish you the quickest recovery possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:45 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

I tried to do a sit-up this morning, and did 5, so I think I'm back in action, bout time.

I figured that would take a couple weeks, I guessed right. Still got some bruises, but I feel almost as good as I used to. It doesn't hurt to itch my chest anymore and can lift my arms over my head with no pain again, so MTM2.... I'm back.

Thanks again for all your kind words, and I'm staying away from anything fast... well, until the snow goes away.... [:P]