MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 3:15 am

Post subject: Top 5 MTM Corners
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:56 pm 

Just wondering what your 5 favourite corners on MTM 1 and 2 stock tracks are. I was running ZS Rally and it brought back some memories, and that got me thinking about some great races I had. That, in turn, reminded me of my favourite corners. So, here they are, with pictures:

5. Downhill 90 degrees, Arizona, MTM1

The scene of many a ruined race, I've always had a love-hate relationship with this particular corner. Deceptively fast, a horrifying slow motion jump as you realise that, yes, you went flat-out again, and a rewarding time and speed advantage when pulled off correctly. I crashe numerous times here as a newbie, giving that corner a somwhat famous, to me, reputation. Despite all this, I love it.

4. Last Corner, Highlands Rally, MTM1

One of my favourite tracks of all time, with a final corner to match. The thought of coming through a slow, tight corner with no room for error is always daunting, but the rewards are great. Even more so when you think about this one, with the full throttle blast to the finish straight after. Writing this has brought back so many memories, including one especially exciting race where, at this corner, I got a great run on the leader and passed on the straight.

3. Hairpin, Arizona, MTM1

Another corner from a great circuit. This is my idea of a perfect mix of corners. First, the very fast, winding section for about 5 seconds before a short climb, hairpin, quick jump and then off into the hills again. I had a whole stack of replays of passes, slides and crashes from here but, sadly, they were all lost in a format. The shere excitement and memories of running a truck through this complex put it at number 3 in my chart.

2. Blind 90 degrees, Yucatan Adventure, MTM1

One of the best corners on any track, stock or addon. A huge number of factors go into this corner making it one of the most exilharating experiences in MTM. First, we have the fast approach, made even quicker by the fact the the track drops a fair bit just before the corner. Then, there is the bank on the inside. This blocks the exit of the corner from view.. Then, the speed you're going makes you think that the corner is not as tight. That is, until you hit the tree in the enormous run-off area just for you to go zooming off into when you realise that this is not the track. A true challenge, especially with 3 or 4 AI trucks around you.

1. Last corner, Arizona, MTM1

Ah, a timeless classic. TRI did well to make such a well-known corner, with an interesting use in a tight spot. The main reason for this being my favourite corner is one particular race from back when I was but a newbie, in 1997. I had just got competitive in MTM, and was then racing on Intermediate level. It was a 1 lapper at Arizona and I had made a mistake earlier in the lap. All memories of that and many other races have long since been erased from memory as I got better and played MTM2 more. Anyway, I was chasing down Power Wheels through the city section at the end, and I was about to accept 2nd and go normally throught that final chicane. Then, as he turned behind the bank, I thought to myself, "Hey, that bank between the corners looks like a ramp." So, why not, I drove faster and faster, into the bank, almost flipping upside down and then I felt and heard a crash. I turned upright and drove across the line, unaware of what had just happened behind me. I looked at the replay and, sure enough, there was the crash. What had happened was this: I had landed on Power Wheels' roof and been catapulted towards the line, leaving him in the sand. I still consider that to be some of the most fun I've ever had in MTM, and I would give anything to be able to go back to being a newbie, just for competition with the AI. Sadly, I cannot, and almost every memory of that time is gone completely.

Those are my favourite corners, and the stories behind my choices. Tell me your favourites, with or without pictures or reasons and we can all see each other's preferences.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:04 am 
The Dog House

Well that a take a couple days to get back at ya on. Many many to pick five corners out. BUT, I have a couple on my tracks to look at first. Estes Park Rally, the big hill before a left then quick right then back left at every high speeds. The turnny last week. Guitar Bill's {Valley of Kings} at the finish you come down a 45 Degree hill or close to it and make a 325 Degree left turn, HARD. Numbers are nuts!

Many Many Many Corners

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:26 am 
Glow Ball

He said: what your 5 favourite corners on MTM 1 and 2 stock tracks are. When it comes to customs, I think there are several that have five corners all by themselves. And agreed, to get pictures will take some time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:35 pm 
The Dog House

Phineus wrote:
He said: what your 5 favourite corners on MTM 1 and 2 stock tracks are.

Thanks Phineus for pointing that out. Not a big fan of the stock tracks but, will keep an eye on the POST. LoL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:54 pm 
easy company

I've always like the 270 on c98 that begins just past cp2 and ends at the launch off the bridge. if you nail the sweeping arc you'll clear the bridge and landing ramp entirely.

picture