MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 8:23 am

Post subject: Scheduled downtime
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:03 pm 
Glow Ball

I just got this from our host company so I pass it along.

Quote:
Dear Valued Customer,

This message is to inform you of an emergency planned outage on Thursday, December 30, 2004 at 3:00 am Eastern Standard Time. We will be performing an upgrade to our core routers that will require an outage of up to 30 minutes. We will ensure that connectivity to your server is restored after our maintenance is performed. If you have any concerns after the maintenance is performed, please call our technical support number. We will make every effort possible not to disrupt your service .

We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause and thank you for trusting us with your business.

Sincerely,

Dedicated Hosting Team

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:07 pm 

So what exactly is an "emergency planned outage ", seems to me that emergency and planned dont go together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:23 pm 
Glow Ball

I suspect the recent wave of search engine worms has disabled many of their customers servers and so they are treating the situation like an emergency. But rather than shut everybody down they are trying to approach the problem in a calm and sensible way. Maybe that's giving the benefit of doubt or reading too much into it, but I'm thankful they're taking the problem seriously and letting us know before hand. I'd hate to be in the middle of a twenty hour upload and then have them pull the plug. But I agree, "emergency planned outage" sounds very much on the same line as "let's do something spontaneous" lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:11 am 

Phineus wrote:
let's do something spontaneous" lol.

ok... I have some ducttape.. got a cat?

<p><font color="#990000">"I regret not what I've done, but what I didn't do."</font></p>
<p><a href="http://brandonbatson.com"><font color="#000066"><b><font color="#006666">http://brandonbatson.com
</font></b></font></a> </p>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:25 am 
Glow Ball

Never mind that. Add some news to your site, put a link to here on your links page, and finish those three tracks - I think you'll have to change the name of that one to crosswinds 2005.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:30 am 

I'm a little confused. Phin's last post says 12:25 am

"guest" posted after him, but his post's time stamp says 11:07 am on the same day. Did the clock get changed in between?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:06 am 

>>Never mind that. Add some news to your site, put a link to here on your links page, and finish those three tracks - I think you'll have to change the name of that one to crosswinds 2005.

More like crosswinds 06' at this rate... news? what news? Links can be done.. just not right now... I have 5 19hr workdays in a row while I'm still out of school.

<p><font color="#990000">"I regret not what I've done, but what I didn't do."</font></p>
<p><a href="http://brandonbatson.com"><font color="#000066"><b><font color="#006666">http://brandonbatson.com
</font></b></font></a> </p>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:29 am 
Glow Ball

> I'm a little confused.

Let's see if I can help. Beside the digital time display, you'll see two little initials. On mine it says am, on the other it says pm. That suggest one was eleven-some hours after the other.... which will probably see the recycle bin before too long, I would expect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:48 am 
Glow Ball

Another planned maintenance day. This coming thursday, in the wee hours.

Quote:
Dear Valued Customer,

This message is to inform you of an emergency planned outage on Thursday, January 13, 2005 at 3:00 am to 5:00 am Eastern Standard Time. We will be performing an upgrade to our core routers that will require an outage of up to 1 hour. We will ensure that connectivity to your server is restored after our maintenance is performed. If you have any concerns after the maintenance is performed, please call our technical support number. We will make every effort possible not to disrupt your service.

We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause and thank you for trusting us with your business.

Sincerely,
Dedicated Hosting Team

Let's hope they get it right this time [;)]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:32 pm 

Quote:
Let's see if I can help. Beside the digital time display, you'll see two little initials....

Lol..That was embarressing, but I can see why I posted it.

Note the digital time display and those two little ascii letter characters on my posting when I made the query.....I gotta quit asking questions in the wee hours of the morning, at least not until i've had SOME sleep... [bump]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:19 pm 
Glow Ball

Quote:
Dear Valued Customer,

This message is to inform you of an emergency planned outage on Saturday, February 12, 2005 at 3:00 am to 7:00 am Eastern Standard Time.

We will be performing an upgrade to our core routers that will require an outage of up to 2 hours.

We will ensure that connectivity to your server is restored after our maintenance is performed.

If you have any concerns, please call our technical support number. We make every effort possible not to disrupt your service.

Sincerely,
Dedicated Hosting Team

That's late Friday night, early Saturday morning.