Evo to MTM2 Track & Truck converter

Forum for discussing work in progress
User avatar
Fila
Member
Posts: 2162
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2001 2:01 pm
Location: Lost in Translation
Contact:

Re: Evo to MTM2 Track & Truck converter

Post by Fila »

Btw how is the performance on Snake River? I chose 4096 model limit because i wasn't sure how much higher it can go before it affects fps. But I am thinking of implementing something similar to Evo where the trees will not count towards the actual object limit. Either that or make a separate limit just for trees IF i follow Rudee's suggestion of making a mask to create trees.

These are just ideas right now, I can't focus on two complex issues at the same time :)
User avatar
OG_RuDeE
Member
Posts: 355
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:11 pm

Re: Evo to MTM2 Track & Truck converter

Post by OG_RuDeE »

Performance on Snake, River canyon and all of the recent checks I've converted since game master updated his tool a couple weeks ago is perfect.

My suggestion about the mask is separate from the big trees. We could have a function in Traxx that randomly spreads trees over the course.

The mask I suggested is for smaller vegetation like patches of grass, gravel, flowers or weeds, etc...
User avatar
Fila
Member
Posts: 2162
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2001 2:01 pm
Location: Lost in Translation
Contact:

Re: Evo to MTM2 Track & Truck converter

Post by Fila »

Kmaster, I have no idea where I read you asking me if I want an .md about adding cart tracks?
User avatar
Kmaster
Member
Posts: 1556
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2003 6:19 pm
Location: Valparaíso, Chile.
Contact:

Re: Evo to MTM2 Track & Truck converter

Post by Kmaster »

Fila wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2026 11:57 pm Kmaster, I have no idea where I read you asking me if I want an .md about adding cart tracks?
yes

https://github.com/juanputrerasm/JSTrac ... n-guide.md

this guide explains the two main diffs between MTM2 and CPR: the race track layer and height precision. CPR tracks include a new layer caled racetrack layer in which the road and its walls are described and CPR uses 2 bytes (little-endian 10.6 fixed point, similar but not exactly like evo) for height information with MTM only using one byte.

Other diffs include the amount of available vehicles (37 compared to 8 ), new SIT box object types (tree, sign, cone, etc), race types (oval, speedway, road, street) , checkpoint setup (pitlane start, speed limit start, end, etc) and course setup (the use of extended courses as pit lane & pit course) I'm not sure if these are all documented but they are all implemented in JSTrackViewer.

CPREdit Guide
https://github.com/juanputrerasm/JSTrac ... T_GUIDE.md
Track layer analysis
https://github.com/juanputrerasm/JSTrac ... NALYSIS.md

if you want me i can update the implementation guide to describe object types, race types, checkpoint setup and course setup. But if you just add support for the track layer and the incremented height precision we wouldnt really need anything else. I could create a converter for CPR tracks right away.
User avatar
OG_RuDeE
Member
Posts: 355
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:11 pm

Re: Evo to MTM2 Track & Truck converter

Post by OG_RuDeE »

Kmaster, do you plan to fix the vertical scale factor issue for smf to bin conversion in your tool? Currently, I'm converting with your tool, then converting smfs to bin using a script so they are the correct size, then adjusting object elevations with another script, and so on. It would be great if the converter just did it from the start. :D
User avatar
Kmaster
Member
Posts: 1556
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2003 6:19 pm
Location: Valparaíso, Chile.
Contact:

Re: Evo to MTM2 Track & Truck converter

Post by Kmaster »

OG_RuDeE wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 7:53 am Kmaster, do you plan to fix the vertical scale factor issue for smf to bin conversion in your tool? Currently, I'm converting with your tool, then converting smfs to bin using a script so they are the correct size, then adjusting object elevations with another script, and so on. It would be great if the converter just did it from the start. :D
is vegetation scale still incorrect in v0.8.0? https://juanputrerasm.github.io/JSMTM2Converter/
User avatar
OG_RuDeE
Member
Posts: 355
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:11 pm

Re: Evo to MTM2 Track & Truck converter

Post by OG_RuDeE »

I'll have to check again when I'm home later, but as of the weekend the scale was still off.
User avatar
Kmaster
Member
Posts: 1556
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2003 6:19 pm
Location: Valparaíso, Chile.
Contact:

Re: Evo to MTM2 Track & Truck converter

Post by Kmaster »

v0.8.1 is up. vertical scale should be fixed.
Post Reply