AI work still ongoing

mtm2 and other sensible chat
Post Reply
User avatar
Fila
Member
Posts: 2162
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2001 2:01 pm
Location: Lost in Translation
Contact:

AI work still ongoing

Post by Fila »

This is very painful. lol.

On the flip side, I have accidentally created this cool interactive map.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Fila
Member
Posts: 2162
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2001 2:01 pm
Location: Lost in Translation
Contact:

Re: AI work still ongoing

Post by Fila »

I have saved the tool separately, once this is done with, maybe can find a different use for it.
User avatar
OG_RuDeE
Member
Posts: 355
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:11 pm

Re: AI work still ongoing

Post by OG_RuDeE »

That looks like a fun toy!
User avatar
Kmaster
Member
Posts: 1556
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2003 6:19 pm
Location: Valparaíso, Chile.
Contact:

Re: AI work still ongoing

Post by Kmaster »

could be a nice addition to track viewer
User avatar
Fila
Member
Posts: 2162
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2001 2:01 pm
Location: Lost in Translation
Contact:

Re: AI work still ongoing

Post by Fila »

So upon still working on this, I realized I need to multithread the AI logic or else it will kill fps (as in... literally 20fps). Once I multithreaded my game started crashing. The AI investigated and recommended that I update my motherboard BIOS which I did... and fixed the crash. Apparently I have been running an intel bug in the processor for the past 3 years.... which has the potential of damaging the CPU.
User avatar
Ford-chan
Member
Posts: 319
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:17 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: AI work still ongoing

Post by Ford-chan »

Claude working wonders as it should. :)

That being said, in regards to the rework of Truck AI, would it be possible to make them fully aware of your presence and distance? So they're not continuously crashing into you with little to no respect whatsoever. The AI trucks right now have the mentality of that recent "bowie knife 99" drivatar in Forza Horizon 6 that's just about made players ragequit. :lol:
User avatar
Fila
Member
Posts: 2162
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2001 2:01 pm
Location: Lost in Translation
Contact:

Re: AI work still ongoing

Post by Fila »

Yes but that's not going to be ready at beta release. My priority shifted right now to just get it working first, so I can have people use the offline rumbles and fix the multiplayer stuff. Then while people are testing the beta, I will work on improving the AI logic of dodging other trucks and the train too.
User avatar
Fila
Member
Posts: 2162
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2001 2:01 pm
Location: Lost in Translation
Contact:

Re: AI work still ongoing

Post by Fila »

There HAS been progress, still way slower than I would have liked but I'm hoping it will get there soon.
Post Reply