OOPS;) Terramar Speedway Beta

Forum for discussing work in progress
Post Reply
User avatar
OG_RuDeE
Member
Posts: 346
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:11 pm

OOPS;) Terramar Speedway Beta

Post by OG_RuDeE »

Screwed around with this over the weekend. Lots of hand editing models and other things. HD-ified textures with normal maps. Etc... I think this is about as far as I'll get for the next few days. Check it out, and let me know if you have any suggestions.

Track: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BN8XHO ... sp=sharing

Notes:

-Trees still float. I've scaled all of the models to be 1-to-1 with Evo (I think). So, it's a mismatch on scaling between Evo and the converter's placement (again, I think).
-Tried really hard to get the building's windows to look good, but for example in the tall tower, when looking through four panes of glass, I think the engine just doesn't like it. Not sure what to do about it.
-Played with the AI's route, not perfect at all, but ok for now.

Otherwise, OOPS;) was a master. Enjoy his beautiful track.
Screenshot 2026-09-13 205150.jpg
PS. for Fila: Notice the darker lower building vs. the lighter stand above. Both models use 0x29 face type, but I guess the engine cares which way the model is oriented as a .bin while lighting it? So, since the bottom has been rotated 180 degrees, it's getting different lighting compared with the top which is in its correct orientation.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Ford-chan
Member
Posts: 319
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:17 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: OOPS;) Terramar Speedway Beta

Post by Ford-chan »

I've played through this track, which is a fun one mind you, only to notice that after starting a race with an EVO convert track, quit race/finish race, then jump on to some native MTM1/MTM2 track, is when this washed up textures bug comes into a effect.

MTM2's Crazy 98 before starting a race with an EVO track...
Image

Same track after quitting/finishing race with an EVO track...
Image

What you see is essentially the side effects after jumping on to a native MTM track after an EVO convert track, all textures on those tracks look either washed or cel shaded.

Also, just to be sure, that EVO track in particular, I even tried to rearrange the POD to have it all the way down the pod.ini list file to see what happens, same results. Unless if there's something I missed here lately that states that otherwise?
User avatar
Fila
Member
Posts: 2155
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2001 2:01 pm
Location: Lost in Translation
Contact:

Re: OOPS;) Terramar Speedway Beta

Post by Fila »

It looks like the normal map doesn't get reset/wiped for when going back to a track with no such maps enabled. Probably a bug in the engine.
User avatar
Fila
Member
Posts: 2155
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2001 2:01 pm
Location: Lost in Translation
Contact:

Re: OOPS;) Terramar Speedway Beta

Post by Fila »

OG_RuDeE wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2026 10:50 pm Screwed around with this over the weekend. Lots of hand editing models and other things. HD-ified textures with normal maps. Etc... I think this is about as far as I'll get for the next few days. Check it out, and let me know if you have any suggestions.

Track: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BN8XHO ... sp=sharing

Notes:

-Trees still float. I've scaled all of the models to be 1-to-1 with Evo (I think). So, it's a mismatch on scaling between Evo and the converter's placement (again, I think).
-Tried really hard to get the building's windows to look good, but for example in the tall tower, when looking through four panes of glass, I think the engine just doesn't like it. Not sure what to do about it.
-Played with the AI's route, not perfect at all, but ok for now.

Otherwise, OOPS;) was a master. Enjoy his beautiful track.

Screenshot 2026-09-13 205150.jpg

PS. for Fila: Notice the darker lower building vs. the lighter stand above. Both models use 0x29 face type, but I guess the engine cares which way the model is oriented as a .bin while lighting it? So, since the bottom has been rotated 180 degrees, it's getting different lighting compared with the top which is in its correct orientation.
That wall is literally the only reason I agreed to work on bringing normal/ao maps/textures. lol
User avatar
OG_RuDeE
Member
Posts: 346
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:11 pm

Re: OOPS;) Terramar Speedway Beta

Post by OG_RuDeE »

Ford-Chan, thanks for checking it out. That's definitely the terrain normal map getting carried into the next track. I personally would like to see it enabled on all tracks. :D
That wall is literally the only reason I agreed to work on bringing normal/ao maps/textures. lol
Yeah, it looks good, huh? :D
User avatar
Kmaster
Member
Posts: 1549
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2003 6:19 pm
Location: Valparaíso, Chile.
Contact:

Re: OOPS;) Terramar Speedway Beta

Post by Kmaster »

the evo vegetation looks amazing. finally a good fit for the fog effect
Captura de pantalla 2026-09-14 a la(s) 6.36.57 p.m..jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Ford-chan
Member
Posts: 319
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:17 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: OOPS;) Terramar Speedway Beta

Post by Ford-chan »

Just another thing I've noticed when having EVO convert tracks conflict with native MTM tracks in the texture department...

Tracks with Arena Backdrops (Torture Pit, Arena Rumble, MTM1 Stadiums, etc) don't seem to be affected by the, what RuDeE described, the terrain normal map effect. This just so happens to any track within an outdoor setting.
Post Reply