MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:08 pm

Post subject: Need Help Again
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:03 pm 
As Big_Dogee said, tracked2 will crash if it can't find the model or it's textures or anything writen exeeds 8.I downloaded Tiki's truck maker but to pod truck files you have to go to tracked2,However when I try to pod any of my 3 custom trucks tracked2 crashes.WHAT DO I DO OR IS THRE ANY PROGRAM OUT THERE I CAN USE TO POD MY TRUCKS :?: :idea: :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:49 pm 
easy company

C-Pod and Winpod will create truck pods for you but they'll crash or fail like any program would if files are missing or the incorrect size. Do you have folders set up for ART, MODELS, and TRUCK?.. i've never used tracked2 but I believe it needs those in place with the proper files in them for it to work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:50 pm 
I know where to get them however the c-pod link leads to where ch_2005 used to have his site,can you put the download from yours on your T-N-T part of your site? [memo] [>>>]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:53 pm 
Glow Ball

This might be helpful. It has the download and a bit of info.

http://mtm2.com/~mtmg/cpod/

This is pretty handy too.

http://mtm2.com/~mtmg/repaint/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:58 pm 
You Gonna Eat That?

If Tracked2 is crashing on you, it will give you an error message, get a shot of the message and we can go from there.

Like Mal said, you have to have sub-directories for all the seperate files for the truck, that is 4 folders...

ART
MODELS
SOUND
TRUCK

If it's crashing, also like said above, it is doing it because it can't find something that it needs to to build the truck. Like if there is a texture assigned to a model, and it can't find it, it will crash. It could be missing a sound file, it could be a texture that is the wrong size, any number of things. Just tell us what it's saying when it crashes, and we can help you alot better.

Tracked2 is all I've ever used, so I don't know about any of those other programs. But I do know that Tiki's Truck Shop does not work. It never was perfected.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:03 pm 
Thanks,however Rep fan,my tracked2 is plain screwy,no error message pops up,like I said,Thanks for the support,you are great guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:07 pm 
You Gonna Eat That?

Send me the parts of the truck, and I'll take a look at it. The body, the textures, tires, etc. That is an option too.

What I would do is use Winpod, and extract all of the Truck2.pod, and then edit the .TRK file, in the Truck folder, and use stock parts for the wheels, axles, etc. But use your body that you want to use, that way you can narrow down what the problems are.

My guess is that it's a texture issue, which normally is what crashes Tracked2. So I'd use stock parts to see if it still crashes, and then we can rule out the rest of the parts. So fire up Tracked2, and you will see the stock Bigfoot spinning in there, and hit 4 and type in the bin name for your body model you're trying to use, and make sure that the model's name is less than 8 characters "letters" long, and see if it crashes.

If it loads, then we know that the body is fine, and we can move on to some other parts to find the problem. Or fire up Binedit, click File, then Import Truck. You should be able to see the truck, minus the axlebars and driveshafts {on the older version of Binedit}, and see if it loads up in there, if not, then it's definately a texture issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:20 am 

Quote:
If Tracked2 is crashing on you, it will give you an error message

Not for me. Tracked2 just shuts down without any messages. It's always been that way on my machines.

Another cause of it shutting down is an error in the TRK file. Something as simple as a missing comma will crash it.

If RF can't fine the source of the problem, then I'll give it a look-over. Let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:57 am 

doesnt c-pod inform you of what files are missing rather than crashing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:53 am 
easy company

C-Pod informs you what is missing and allows you to continue.... Winpod crashes without giving much of a clue as to why except that the file path could not be found.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:54 am 
The Dog House

I use C-pod and never have crashed. I've been lucky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:56 pm 

Problem solved.

1. There was a 9-letter wav file listed in the TRK file (excellent.wav). I changed the file name and it's listing in the TRK file to XCELLENT.WAV

2. The TRK file itself had a name 16 letters long (SNAKEBITE_PATROL.TRK). I changed it to SPATROL.TRK

3. The POD file he created and sent me was also called SNAKEBITE_PATROL.TRK
(I renamed it to SPATROL.POD)

After making the necessary name changes to the files, the truck podded up just fine in Tracked2. I podded it, podzipped it, and returned it to him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:27 am 
easy company

Hey Punk.. you'd make the perfect beta tester for a truck building program the mtmg made but hasn't released yet. If your interested in giving it a try send me an email or pm then go download the latest version of binedit here http://binedit.com and open a model with it.

Anyone else interested in beta testing is more than welcome to help out here.