MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:22 pm

Post subject: Ok good this Forum is still alive. Need to talk to Fila!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:09 am 

Ever since he tried upgrading the game, he was saying he couldn't do anything about the Direct X version the game uses, so we had to use DgVoodoo to increase game performance on Windows 10 or 11, whereas windows XP and Windows 7 users had no problem with the game. That's because of different Direct X versions among the different operating systems. Well, Windows 10 and 11 have the option to force games to run using older Direct X versions, increasing their performance on newer operating systems!

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/TheUs ... 082003449/

Post subject: Re: Ok good this Forum is still alive. Need to talk to Fila!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:46 am 

Hey NiteMare. Looked into it, interesting but there's one big problem: If the game gives a DirectX fatal error, you may need to use a different version. You can't force versions below 9.

Post subject: Re: Ok good this Forum is still alive. Need to talk to Fila!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:26 am 

Fila wrote:
Hey NiteMare. Looked into it, interesting but there's one big problem: If the game gives a DirectX fatal error, you may need to use a different version. You can't force versions below 9.

No that isn't what I was getting at. Ever since you came out with the newer versions of your betas you were saying, "I just wish I could do something about changing the directx version the game uses so it runs better." All I'm saying is, I wasn't trying to run it lower than directx 9. I'm saying, there's no need for changing the directx level. I installed mtm2 and the beta versions and stuff, and have it listed in the dxcpl to run as directx 9. Windoes 10 will not allow it to run on directx 10, 11, or 12. Therefore, there's no pre-rerendering involved. I get like 120 frrames/sec with the new version of the game, and I don't use 3dfx or dgvoodoo or any of that jargon. I only use Direct3D. I got the idea from playing Half-Life RTX.

Though don't know if such the boost in performance is because my new pc again....got another beast.... i9 13900k with liquid cooling, 64 gb ddr5, RTX 4090 Founders Edition with ddr6, the thing is the size of a dern brick.