MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:50 am

Post subject: MTM2 in 4K...in Rendition mode!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:33 am 

Well this has me intrigued. Looks really good, actually, I don't know what the texture issues this guy is claiming are. Gives me hope for a bunch of other games (the old Papyrus sims) that only have Rendition acceleration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bom-ZSNiXw

Post subject: Re: MTM2 in 4K...in Rendition mode!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:46 pm 

I didn't know about this renderer. I know that there's 3 renderers in the retail version of the game, the most known is D3D, then Glide and the least know is for the PowerVR Kyro. You can see it in the dll files.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:24 pm 

The Alpha of the wrapper has been released and works with MTM2. Haven't tested it yet but for anyone interested: https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=95721

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 7:20 pm 

So I played around a bit with the full version of the wrapper tonight. It's main target is other games, like IndyCar Racing II that only supported Rendition (it's amazing for these), but I did try it out with MTM2. For a vanilla install of the game, it's excellent. Perfect upscaling and runs incredibly smoothly. I then tried it with the Community Patch and it seemed to be fighting with the resolutions set in the game itself - it initially rendered it in 4k so I only got a quarter of the screen, then after playing with the resolutions it compressed it back to 4:3. I don't know what was going on but I bailed and set everything back to Direct3d for now (which works fine). I'll see if I can do a second install of the patch, maybe this weekend, and try it from there so I don't break what I already have. I don't know that there's any sort of quality difference between Rendition and either D3d or 3dfx, but I'd like to find out if there is one. More to come...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:27 pm 

I’m certainly interested in what’s next, although I doubt it would resolve something like 8 custom high detail trucks in one race, but still.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:26 am 

https://youtu.be/CmECxnS1DRM

Community Patch with Rendition. It works but is laggy with view distances maxed out (even to the stock game's max). I think Rendition handles things like the headlights way better.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2024 4:52 am 

I think issues with the maxed distances (and especially high polygon trucks) are an inherent game engine issue written at a time where no one thought about high resolutions or billions of polygons being rendered. So any type of wrapper will run into issues not because of the wrapper itself but because of the game engine.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2024 3:04 am 

6 years later, and I still really wish someone can help us out with the game porting to DX9 or up, it's bad enough a lot of the addon trucks, including Rep Fan's trucks, cause a crap ton of lag even with the default draw distance set, Indycar Racing 2 and NASCAR Racing 2 had some sort of community comeback happen in recent times, whereas meanwhile we're just left in the dark, and I simply refuse to migrate with everyone else to Beam or Rigs because of how boring I find those games to be, MTM2 will always be the GOAT of all monster truck games, at least for me, we just need a savior at this point in time if we're ever going to progress with further Comm Patch updates.