MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 4:16 am

Post subject: Monster Jam @ Cardiff Millenium Stadium
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:31 pm 

Quote from Millenium Stadium's website: http://www.millenniumstadium.com/

"Millennium Stadium will host one of the most popular motor sport events in the world on 27th October when twelve enormous monster trucks descend on the venue for Monster Jam 2007.
Never before has Monster Jam been in any UK Stadium but Cardiff's multi-functional venue has successfully attracted this mammoth show after months of negotiations with event promoters Live Nation.

Monster trucks are celebrating their 25th year in the world of motor sports since the famous 'Bigfoot' – a modified Ford F-250 atop five feet tall wheels – roared into America's Silverdome. The crowd was awed by the sheer power of this once ordinary truck with its ability to demolish two cars with one massive blow and stadium bosses are expecting a UK-wide crowd of around 40,000 to be just as awe struck.

Roger Lewis, WRU Group Chief Executive, said, "This is a very exciting announcement for us to make today, for such a dramatic, unique event to come across from America and put on a spectacular show here at the Millennium Stadium, just goes to show how well known the venue and its versatility is across the globe.

"These trucks are gargantuan in size and make a real impact when you see them up close, having 12 roaring around inside the bowl of the Stadium will be something pretty special.

"It will be a family occasion and we are hoping the event will be hugely popular and for those who have experienced motor sports such as Speedway and Rally in the Millennium Stadium will know what an incredible atmosphere there will be with the roof closed and the thunderous engines roaring."

As soon as the Rugby World Cup ends the pitch is removed and the vast hard standing area will make way firstly for the Police concert and will then be covered in 3,200 cubic metres of dirt to construct the Monster trucks track.

Tickets go on sale tomorrow (Friday June1st) and Venue Sales Manager Alex Luff is excited about the anticipated attendance and showcasing the stadium in all its glory, "Securing the Monster Jam event really cements the Stadium's growing reputation as the home for world class motor sport. The event is a first in the UK and we are all hopeful that it will become a long term fixture in the Millennium Stadium's busy events calendar."

Fans are also being offered the chance to get up close to these colossal creatures and meet the monster truck drivers in the pre-event Monster Jam Party in the Pits. It's a unique opportunity to gain access to the actual track and walk the ramps these massive trucks will jump and obstacles they'll destroy! Passes are available for all ticket holders and cost just £5!"

And I'll be there... I'll definitely bring back photos and post them on an online gallery (I'll give you the link). This has to be the best stadium any Monster Truck event has ever been held in! I had an excellent photo of the stadium but it was copyrighted.