MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:10 am

Post subject: Madness 2.1 meets the deadline, more or less.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:19 pm 

As the end of the year came around, ONaN was gone and the programmer had a week of downtime due to power failures. Luckily I got someone to take care of the website so I could focus on wrapping up the install package. I managed to have the download available 1 & 1/2 hrs before midnight.

The UI.pod will be a seperate download, available later after ONaN verifies its finished.

The podding program will be a seperate download, available later when it is finished.

New Icon package with replacement icons for editing gear will be available later when its finished.

S0 what did get finished:
40-Truck stock replacement package.
10-Track package: 2 rumbles and 8 races.
10-Truck package of addons.
6-pack of Toyota Racetrucks.
1 Icon Library with 20 icons to be used for replacing the old MTM2 icon with a Madness 2.1 icon featuring one of the stock trucks.
1 Installation to unpack the pods and display credits.

Where can this be found?? At the very young website started only this week, still due for lots of effort but for now, its time to relax, and put some drive time in.

Lets hear it for the 2.1 Madness Project team, who display our pride and appreciation to be associated with Ground Zero in our zone names.

Alpine_GZ_2005
MTHc_GZ_roc0
and
BLS_ONaN_GZ
RIP_PonyExpress cant fit a GZ LOL

http://www.madnessproject.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:13 pm 
You guys did a great job. This was one huge project and you did an amazing job with it. I posted a little more detailed description on the madness forums. Everyone needs to check this out.

Gravefan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:40 pm 
Glow Ball

Quote:
You have accessed a restricted area! As a result we have recorded your IP address. ((((216.8.128.30)))) .... Note: If this continues you will be automaticaly BANNED from the server!

:?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:20 am 

wow....I havent been around lately...lol
...Makes me wounder , If it is needed, what will madness 2.2 look like? beacuse 2.1 is just too awsome, can i get better?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:35 am 
That seems odd Phin. I got the 2.1 stuff without any problems at all.

Gravefan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:44 am 

Congrag on completing the project Alp.....That was quite an undertaking. Nice job.

Quote:
That seems odd Phin. I got the 2.1 stuff without any problems at all.

He's talking about a link on the downloads page.....I ran into that little item too. I found it disturbing to be threatened just for clicking a visible link in the middle of the page, as I had no malicious intent when I clicked on it. "Access restricted. Please obtain a password from the site administrator to access these files" would be a more appropriate message.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:46 pm 

it asked me for a password. my IP address did not get recorded... but i think thats because im running a router ;)

Post subject: Incase there's further troubles
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:09 am 

http://www.roc0computers.com/mtm2/Madne ... tSetup.exe that should get the 2.1 installation package.

As for additional Madness 2.1 downloads, there will likely be very minor fixes and such which the podding program would automatically list at the top of the .ini file and additional track and truck packages could be made available. Maybe if we can get all the functional ideas presented, there would be a number change and a major upgrade to project.

One thing is for certain... as soon as I get comfortable with creating custom road textures, I will make a texture set that will definately present a new twist on pattern design. And there is a brief preview of a new experiment in the last 20 seconds of Alpine's Crazy Nights... which is a further study on a new 'zero gravity' idea I was thinking of for a track layout style. It would be a much more difficult design to pull off, but pretty interesting to drive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:17 am 
MTM2 Fanatic

NO GRAVITY?? :?

:) lol... that's cool sounding. I wonder how it would work! :)

Post subject: Can't get download
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:11 pm 
Hey Alpine ,can you help me,I tried both websites but I always get a'Cannot find server',you know, some times computers annoy me so much I wish I had a M-16 to shoot the crazy things.

Punk

P.s. I tried joinging but the Cpu went screwy,I'm a member but I can't log on or type in my username :?

Post subject: Re: Can't get download
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:49 pm 
Glow Ball

I just tried the server and it appears to be up again.

>> P.s. I tried joinging but the Cpu went screwy,I'm a member but I can't log on or type in my username :

Send me a PM with your login name and email address and I'll update the pass for you.