MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 11:48 pm

Post subject: Getting a MTM2 track to run in 4x4e
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2001 10:13 am 
easy company

I know for a fact Vulture Peak will run in 4x4 from the screenshots Phin has posted in the past, problem is it still will not run for me, now I don't "have" to have this particular track its just that I am in the process of testing mtm tracks for 4x4 compatability and if one track runs for others but not for me... well I don't want to give it an unfair or inaccurate rating if theres a problem on my end...

I have directX 7 installed and am in the process of d/ling DX 8, but I have a feeling it will not help...

When I try to run it the game shuts down and sends me back to my desktop, no error pop up... nothing

I need ideas, suggestions... stuff to tweak?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2001 10:47 am 
Glow Ball

It's that geForce card you have. um, anyway, try a different rendering mode (glide, openGL) or change the screen resolution to something different. Also, use a stock class three truck just to be safe. By the way directx7a seems to run best.

Guidelines for mtm2 -> 4x4 compatibility

- No animated textures allowed
- Animated models just don't show up
- After a total of 600 models plus ground boxes, the ground boxes stop showing up. A traxx stat check will tell a lot.

Unfortunately, 4x4 error reporting is not as thorough as it was for mtm2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2001 11:40 am 
easy company

DX8 did nothing

yep I still have the G-force...
when I try to run it with DX rendering the track loads half way then the game quits and sends me back to the desk top.
when I use open gl rendering the track loads halfway then the game locks up giving me an ms access violation or the game just hard locks with a black screen.
apparently my card is not glide compatable, if i try to run it that way it defaults to software rendering, and the track still will not open.

I've tried...
mounting the pod in both the pod.ini and in the custom tracks folder.
the full range of screen resolutions.
running all classes of trucks (I have never even mounted a custom vehicle... ever)
Vulture Peak is the only custom track currently mounted.
mip mapping, on & off
texture detail, high & low
color depth, 16 & 32
graphics options, every thing on & off.

as far as animated models not showing up, there may be some exceptions because the train runs in enocells Slanty track... I tried all his tracks and most will give you the "too many trains" error but this one works perfect, its below the 600 limit so all the bridges are intact, and its true about the animated textures not working because the "bloated liver bar" sign is gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2001 12:04 pm 
Glow Ball

>I still have the G-force...

Do you have access to a different computer? I tell you what, I'm going to reformat a comp here that uses a TNT1. I'll load in 4x4 and see if I can run Vulture Peak...later this week.

>enocells Slanty track...

trains are not animated models, per se. We get something like 48 moving objects; 4x4 gets only 30.

>the animated textures not working because the "bloated liver bar" sign is gone.

Actually, animated textures crash the game. I haven't looked at that model. If he used animated models instead of textures, that would explain that (and the extra lag in mtm2). In Vulture Peak, you'll notice there are no vultures. But tracks like Godzilla or DBK's Dreamworld, they won't even open. I guess that means Chase the Dragon won't work either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2001 5:34 am 
easy company

Yep my son just replaced the hd last night and replaced the graphics card too with whats supposed to be the best (whatever that is I cant keep up with the latest greatest hardware) in the pc at home... so if I can find my mtm2 & 4x4 cd's I'll give it a try there.... it must be the card.

I appreciate the help... thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2001 6:41 am 

Its the nimated models that are doing it, i tried running a track i made with animated models and it loads half way and booted me to, i have direct 7 and i dont have a geforce card

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2001 3:58 am 
Glow Ball

Just one last thought here. Is yours a geForce 2 or 3? If 3, there is a patch for it.

http://forum.mtm2.com/~forum/pages/Forum4/HTML/001128.html