MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 4:12 pm

Post subject: 4x4 models
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2001 6:52 am 

How do you get models from 4x4evo to use in mtm? i was thinking of using the cut down trees from that forest track.(forgot name)

------------------
K-Dawg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2001 10:32 am 
Glow Ball

Import SMF into zmodeller then export as BIN. That, in theory, should work without any additional tweaking. However, watch the vertex & face count. Some of those models are top heavy.

[This message has been edited by Phineus (edited 15-03-2001).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2001 12:54 pm 

The SMF to BIN process thru binedit is well known. What I can't find info on is unpodding the files from 4x4EVO pods.

Whenever I try to extract the trucks from the TRUCK.POD, Winpod freezes up. Any Ideas????
(pawprint)

Dogge's 4x4EVO to MTM2 conversions page... 4 trux so far... http://bigdogge.homestead.com/conversions.html

[This message has been edited by ZO_BigDOGGe (edited 15-03-2001).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2001 1:23 pm 
tikis pod mounter works fine for me

get it at his site which i cant remember right now
http://tikifourwheelin.tripod.com <~~~~i think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2001 1:56 pm 

To extract 4x4 PODs, which are in a new format, you'll need TRI's <a href=http://4x4.karf.net/utilities/podview.zip>Podview</a> (and I think Tiki has one too, but his site is "404" at this moment in time).

To convert SMF to BIN you'll need <a href=http://www.zmodeler.com>Zmodeler</a>. (as stated : )

Then just import SMF and export BIN (as stated : ) but be sure to export the BIN specifying the ".bin" when you do so, like: "modelname.bin" (if you don't include the dot-extension when you export no file will be written).

Face types may be an issue, I dunno what Zmod does in this regard, so some BINs might need fixing up in BINedit.

On the flipside, simple BIN to SMF conversion is covered <a href=http://forum.mtm2.com/~forum/pages/Forum10/HTML/000028.html>here</a>. ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2001 5:38 pm 

---AWESOME!!!--- (Tail wagging at supersonic speeds...)

You guys are the best! I've been trying to climb that "wall" for weeks! I haven't tried it yet, but what you gave me is exactly what I requested. Thank You..(bows)

By the way, I have a mystery...I got a car from Vales that works in 4x4 ( a '70 challenger), yet when I look at it in ZMODELER, the hi-res model chal.smf errors out and freezes zmodeler. When I load the medium-res model chal0.smf , I get a Porsche 911 !!! LOL!
The texture file for the hires smf is for the yellow challenger, but the texture file for the lo-res is for a silver porsche. anyone wanna check it out mystery-solvers? It's a challenge(r) lol Get it at Vales 4x4 trucks section...

(pawprint)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2001 6:06 pm 
ONO, whats happened to zmodeller

whenever i start it up it freezes, just noticed this today when i was trying to convert a nfs model over but it didn';t even get as far as to let me do that Image

nooooooooooooo any suggestions other than the obvious?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2001 4:33 am 

how can you tell which track is in which pod. i'm looking for silverton pass.

------------------
K-Dawg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2001 6:25 am 
Glow Ball

Silverton is ASPEN.pod

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2001 4:53 pm 

phin has so much useless info its crazy......

LMAO

------------------
"If it don't hurt, you're not havin fun"

"Bloody hell, I don't Want To Be A Millionaire, I don't want to see people's Greed, I don't want to be a Survivor, Shipwrecked or left on a bloody Treasure Island, and I don't want to know who Big Brother is watching!" - Drive2Survive

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2001 6:41 pm 

Re: Podview

An interesting feature is the ability to double-click a file in the list and launch/open it in it's associated external application (especially useful for TRK, SMF, SIT to go into a text editor for quick peeks).

Another is the filter feature at the top of the window, "<big>*</big>" is a wildcard, so *.sit will show only SIT files, *.smf only SMF files, etc. (this is standard file managments stuff of course).

4x4evo track PODs, for the record:

ZONA.pod = Arizona
JYARD.pod = Salvage Wasteland
DEVIL.pod = Final Destination
SHRTAIR.pod = Restricted Area
SHTBAJA.pod = Laguna del Sol
ASPEN.pod = Silverton Pass
FM109.pod = Farm Road 109
MCROSS.pod = Motocross
SHTARTC.pod = Arctic Wasteland
THEHILL.pod = Truck Stop 101
SHTSWAM.pod = Bayou Flats
ISLAND2.pod = Treasure Bay
CZ2000.pod = Crazy 2000
OILFLD.pod = Black Gold
CON2.pod = Construction Junction

"When I load the medium-res model chal0.smf, I get a Porsche 911 !!!" Well, hehe, the use of "any old model" for a low-res vehicle is well known (a lazy hack) but as to why Zmod won't import the Challenger, I dunno, you might want to look inside it with a text editor to see if there is any odd looking formatting that could be confusing Zmod.

Hacman, as BigDOGGe might say... make sure you have a late version of DirectX, as for anything else, try the Zmod forum. ;-)

[This message has been edited by Winterkill (edited 17-03-2001).]